Saturday, May 26, 2012

MAKE SOMEONE'S BIRTHDAY SPECIAL

Party_Hat_Instruction_4278srgb
Image source:  Cakewalk Baking

Little or no cost, fun ideas for making someone’s birthday extra special.

mailbox
Image source: Our Scoop

Mystery Birthday Cards
My son’s birthday is coming up on the 2nd of June and for years I’ve been wanting to do this and just never thought about it at the right time.  On Wish Upon a Hero, you can make a wish (any wish you want) and have it posted in hopes of a special hero to make you wish come true.  All sorts of wishes are granted everyday.  There’s a lot of people who post just a simple wish for someone close to them to receive birthday cards.  Well this year I finally remembered to do it in time for a birthday and I posted one this morning for Jacob to receive birthday cards.  So far I think I have 13 people who have offered to send one!  How awesome is that going to be for him to find a bunch of cards addressed to him wishing him a happy 10th birthday???  It’s going to blow his mind and I can’t wait to see the look on his face!

30-balloons
Image source:  Kim and Jason

Room Full of Balloons
I’ve also wanted to fill my children’s room with balloons so that the morning of their birthday, they will wake up to a neat surprise!  I know you’ve all probably seen this on Pinterest.  I wonder how many helium tanks it would take to do that?  And would the helium leak out during the night leaving the balloons floating half-way between the ceiling and the floor?  Has anyone actually done this?

12-Tips-for-an-Outdoor-Movie
Image source:  Backyard Simple

Backyard Movie
I’ve always wanted to do this, birthday or not.  With my son’s birthday being in the summer, it’s the perfect time to host a backyard movie night.  How simple would it be to hang a white sheet and play a movie on a projector?  Serve popcorn, roast wieners on an open fire, cooler full of cold beverages and plenty of seats and sleeping bags to get comfy.  The only thing I’m missing is the projector but I have my eye on one on Amazon and as soon as I get one it’s on like Donkey Kong!

photo scavenger hunt 8
Image source:  Positively Splendid

Scavenger Hunt
Oh my gosh, I’ve wanted to do this for a long time too.  I love them.  My kids love them.  Scavenger hunts can be so fun because you can do them in so many different ways.  They can be super easy for small kids or can have really difficult riddles for adults.  You can add math, reading, art, logic or pretty much anything to them to make them brain boosters as well as fun.  They can be a race between teams which could make a great party game or they can be like a treasure hunt which would be good for the birthday boy to follow the clues to find his present.  This would require a lot of time for brainstorming but really it could be almost if not completely free to make.

So what kind of low cost ideas have you implemented for someone’s birthday?  Got ideas?  Leave a comment!  Don’t forget to subscribe to Abernathy Crafts, too!
yvette heart

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really really love and appreciate comments, but i hate spam.

Due to the heavy amount of spam comments I've been receiving lately I had to put the word verification up. I know how annoying it can be when you want to leave a comment but I hope you will understand.

Would you be so kind to take the extra step to post your thoughts?

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...